The Comstock House
The Comstock house was built by the Comstock family in
1860 on the site of the former Seth Hastings residence at 1
Hastings Street. (Seth died in 1831.) The Comstocks
moved the Hastings house to the back northwest corner of
the lot and used it as their boot factory.
On September 30, 2008, the house was moved from its
home on Route 16 to 26 North Avenue (across the street
from Saint Michael's church). The lot on Route 16 is now
occupied by the Charles River Bank building.
The intersection has long been known as Dudley Corner.
Dudley Corner - Northeast
Dudley Corner - Southeast
Dudley Corner - Southwest