streets, about 1896. In 1831, Nathanial Torrey kept store in the ground
floor, with a tenement above. Last used as a boarding house for
workmen building the trolley road in 1900; then torn down to make
Founders' Park. A small house in the rear moved to Milford Street
(Route 16) near the present Xtra Mart. The other house seen was Mrs.
Nugent's and was Mendon's first bake house, around 1800. From the
Aldrich Collection, given to the Mendon Historical Society in 1974.