The two photos above show the Seven Sisters on Freedom Street.

Above - No. 1-3 Cemetery Street is in the foreground.

Below - No. 2-4 Cemetery Street is in the foreground.

Text on this page is from the Hopedale Village Historic District National Register Nomination.

 
More on Draper houses from the National Register Nomination   

 
Another page on Draper houses   

National Register Nomination Menu                      HOME   

.

    It seems strange that in the paragraph above, only four houses on Union Street are mentioned.
    By 1898, as shown in a map, and probably earlier, there were eight houses there. Seven, not
    just four, were moved to Freedom Street where they became known as the Seven Sisters.