This early view of Hopedale center shows a Hopedale
    Stable building in the foreground and the Hose House,
    the Bancroft house, the Harrison Block, the George
    Draper  house and, faintly, the town hall, the William F.
    Draper house and the Warren Dutcher house

    This map was drawn in roughly the same
    era that the picture above was taken. Click
    on it to go to a larger version of it.

    A - Joseph and Sylvia Bancroft house
    B - Lilla (Bancroft) Bracken Pratt house
    C - Almon Thwing house
    D - Now the site of the Bancroft Memorial Library
    E - Harrison Block
    F - Town Hall
    G - George and Hannah Draper house
    H - Original Unitarian Church
    I - House on what is now the Community House
    block, moved to Hope Street near Centennial Drive.
    J - General William F. Draper house
    K - Warren and Malinda Dutcher house

    This map shows Hopedale at about the time
    of the photos above - c. 1890. Click on the
    map for one that shows more of the town.
            

    The original Unitarian Church, built in 1860; razed
    and replaced with the present one in 1898
    .         

An early post card view of the town hall.

    The Community House - 1923. The George and
    Hannah Draper house was razed, and other houses
    and barns were moved or razed to make the entire
    block available for the Community House.  
          

    Depot Street, the G&U station and the house
    that became the American Legion Home.

    The American Legion Home at the corner of Hopedale
    and Depot streets was originally the Home School of
    the Hopedale Community. This picture was taken in
    1982, shortly before it was moved.

    Hopedale Community House - Hopedale
    High School graduation - 2009

Unitarian Church

Joseph and Sylvia Bancroft House

Harrison Block and Community House - 2010

    Hopedale Junior Senior High School, located on the
    site of the former Gen. William F. Draper mansion.
    Photo taken before the cupola was removed.

                                        Now and Then in Hopedale Center


                                                         
Now and Then Menu                       HOME